anjum & amaan – cleveland wedding photography

January 23, 2014 | Filed Under wedding posts

we had a gorgeous day, and night, at the cleveland marriott downtown at key center, for anjum and amaan’s wedding in september. the day started out with a special ceremony for amaan and his family called the “sehra,” which involved a family member ceremonially placing his pagri (turban) on his head, accompanied by prayers for the wedding and for his new life ahead. i then met anjum at the marriott where she was getting ready. after the simple islamic nikah, or vows ceremony, we went outside to take portraits under the darkening sky, around and nearby the huge fountain of eternal life in cleveland’s public square. we then came inside where the marriott had changed the ceremony hall into the reception hall, and the party started. it was a beautiful evening, with hilarious skits and moving speeches, particularly from anjum’s father and her two sisters. anjum and amaan’s wedding was certainly one of the most memorable evenings i had in 2013, and i’m so honored that i could be a part of it!
i am also indebted to the super talented zak kelley of columbus-basedpaper photographs, who started out with amaan before i could join him outside at the spectacular horseback entrance, and overall helped me out tremendously throughout the night – thank you, zak!

Comments

12 Responses to “anjum & amaan – cleveland wedding photography”

1. Teresa K on January 24th, 2014 1:27 am

What a joyful wedding!! I LOVE how much emotion there is emitting from this couple and their family in your images. I also enjoy the traditions that let the groom have just a glamorous of an entrance as the bride. You’ve captured everything perfectly Ayesha. I swear, some of these images looks like stills from a motion picture. Well done my dear.

2. Mathias Cederholm on January 24th, 2014 3:40 am

Too beautiful. So much emotions and happiness!
    I love the picture of her sitting in the middle of the circle.

3. rahul on January 24th, 2014 6:38 am

Gorgeous work Ayesha! Love the evening portraits, really awesome lighting!

4. Darin Collison on January 24th, 2014 7:29 am

Clearly, that was the best ever picture of a groom on a horse. Love this.

5. mathias on January 24th, 2014 1:13 pm

so solid throughout! this one takes the cake for me though: http://ayeshaahmadphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AnjumAmaanShaadi-040.jpg
    LOVE what you did with it.

6. shyann on January 24th, 2014 3:12 pm

So in love with those getting ready shots Ayesha! Lovely work as always.

7. John on January 24th, 2014 5:07 pm

Awesome coverage and the colours are amazing! First time I’ve seen a mounted groom too, cracker of a shot!

8. alexbee on January 24th, 2014 7:45 pm

oh man, Ayesha. I cannot get over that bridal portrait in b/w with all of the glittery bokeh. SO beautiful!

9. beautyis on January 24th, 2014 8:17 pm

thanks sooo much for all the kind words!! that horseback groom shot, i just want to clarify, it’s zak’s shot not mine – it’s also one of my favorites from the entire wedding! so well done :)

10. Jessica Schilling on January 25th, 2014 3:11 pm

So beautiful, Ayesha! Your outdoor nighttime portrait work is especially stunning!

11. Kim on January 25th, 2014 4:37 pm

You rocked those night time portraits! LOVE the B&W close-up of the bride. Gorgeous.

12. Anton Chia on January 25th, 2014 11:40 pm

I like the beautiful night portraits and I like the shots in the limousine.